Saturday, October 8, 2011

ASMR Poll Results: Do You get ASMR From Digital Media?

It’s time for the current ASMR Poll to close, after 3 months. You’ve all had a nice long time to cast your vote. So, the question was: “Do you get ASMR from digital media?”

Let’s dissect the results.

Out of 30 voters, 10 (33%) said that they always got ASMR from watching recommended digital media. This includes YouTube videos, sound clips, TV shows, radio; everything.

A slightly higher percentage of people claim they only get ASMR from digital media sometimes. 13 individuals (43%) voted for this option. This means that recommended video and audio triggers won’t always do the trick for whatever reason.

2 people (6%) said they only get it from certain digital media. So only video triggers, or only audio triggers. It’s like Tora in the interview on The Buzz last month claimed: “I’m not a voice person”, and “it’s visual for me” in response to questions asked by Afentra, one of the hosts of the segment.

And a few people -a sixth of all respondents (5 people, or 16%)- claimed to not experience at all while watching or listening to any sort of digital media. Only real, personal experiences trigger ASMR in these individuals, perhaps making it harder for them to experience. But it’s a hell of a motivator to get out of the house, I suppose!

So those are the results. Stay tuned for the next poll, which should be up and running and ready for you to vote on in the next few days, hopefully! On Twitter I asked for  suggestions for the new poll, so send them in by next week, or else… I’ll have to make one up again.

Thanks to all who voted!

1 comment:

  1. The strongest sensation I have ever to memory is sitting next to someone looking for something in a book to show me and boom I got a massive hit of relaxation. However after really noticing how I liked the sound of typing on laptop keyboards I started looking at types of videos on youtube. One video is of a person writing with a pen on paper. The thing is I use these triggers to help me sleep, I find it hard to sleep with no sound or nothing on because I start thinking too much about everything and I need something to distract me. But what I noticed is when I close my eyes I start getting a hint of a trigger but what really triggers it more is when I imagine the sound im hearing is right next to me as if im in the room with the person. Like I am trying to trick myself of the realism of the video but for now it seems to work. What I am really interested in trying is self induced triggers. The potential of being able to create a trigger without the need of videos would be so beneficial :) anyway I am really glad I have found out about this in the last couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why not bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ buttons, as well as the new blogger share buttons at the bottom of the post. Please feel free to share this article with others, but do not plagiarise. All posts on this blog including this one, are copyrighted.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

I apologise if you are having trouble leaving a comment. Sometimes the comment system doesn't accept comments. I'm looking in to this right now, and hopefully can find a fix soon. There are several potentional reasons why this may be happening to some people, and one of them points in the direction of a recent Blogger update.

This is the main reason why I am unable to respond to comments left on the blog for the time being, but rest assured that I do read and approve comments that make it through. If you really need to get a hold of me, then visit my contact page in the sidebar to the right. Thanks.

Custom Search

Site Updates

These are just mini-updates that I was too lazy or busy to make a post for. They also list changes or additions that have been made to the blog, for interest's sake and to follow how the blog is developing.

- Enabled mobile layout for blog.

- Updated hotspots page.

- Work in progress on new page.

Full list here.
There was an error in this gadget

Popular Posts

Labels

ASMR (179) ASMR Group (50) facebook (47) tingling (41) sound (38) video (27) audio (25) YouTube (21) ASMR Research and Support (20) The Unnamed Feeling (19) poll (19) sensation (19) experience (18) feeling (18) AIE (17) Tingle Triggers (15) ecstacy (14) ASMR Network (13) TV (12) tingles (12) ASMR team (11) music (11) radio (10) community (9) trigger (9) UNF (8) theory (8) ASMR forum (7) Type B (7) community update (7) theories (7) Type A (6) video games (6) App (5) asmer (5) Society of Sensationalists (4) Wikipedia (4) narcolepsy (4) trial (4) ASMR Radio (3) International ASMR Day (3) Outreach Agent (3) Twitter (3) hypnosis (3) movies (3) polls (3) research (3) steadyhealth (3) ASMR Island (2) Andrew Johnson (2) HubPages (2) Hug Your Brain Day (2) Insomnia (2) Kickstarter (2) Reddit (2) cartoons (2) chills (2) contest (2) dopamine (2) experiments (2) hair growth (2) hair loss (2) iPhone (2) medical (2) mobile (2) pain (2) scientific (2) senses (2) side effects (2) social networking (2) spiritual (2) trigger videos (2) tumblr (2) AIHO (1) AIOEU (1) ASMR TV (1) Amygdala Clicking (1) Indigo Children (1) Librivox (1) MP3s (1) Meetup.com (1) Skype (1) The ASMR Project (1) blog (1) digital media (1) eBook (1) emotions (1) empathy (1) external (1) funding (1) gibberish (1) goosebumps (1) haircut (1) haptics (1) head (1) incidental trigger (1) informercials (1) intentional triggers (1) internal (1) interview (1) itches (1) milestone (1) news (1) paranormal (1) phenomenon (1) playlist (1) podcast (1) religion (1) roleplay (1) scalp (1) sign language (1) sixth sense (1) speech (1) stress (1) stroking (1) survey (1) synaesthesia (1) tongues (1) vessel (1)