All right, so last week I posted here about the impending upgrade that would take place over the weekend (Sunday to be exact). We were given an option by Facebook: upgrade from the old to the new layout, or the group will be archived, and a lot of information will be lost.
Well, the upgrade took place yesterday. Not much harm was done, it seems. It looks different – and it is. I’ll run through a few of the immediate things you’ll come across:
The new ASMR Group layout, complete with redacted surnames*
- You’ll see that the sidebars and so on have changed with more distribution of information on the right column now, such as the members list appearing on this side instead of the left, like before.
- Discussion threads no longer exist. Existing discussion threads now appear on the wall as wall posts. I’m taking this opportunity to say that I will no longer be importing any information over to the ASMR forums. I did a lot of that last year, and continued to update threads and so on this year, too. But seeing as they’re now wall posts like all the rest, I don’t see any point in continuing on with that. I certainly would not go about archiving all the wall posts! Old threads that were deleted after being migrated to the forums were obviously not carried over with the recent upgrade, and therefore do not appear as wall posts.
- There are no longer any assigned officers within the group. Existing officers before the upgrade included Torsten, Domagoj, Dominika, and myself. This feature seems to have been retired. Jenn retains the administrator position, however. I will of course continue on with my duties on the other network sites, regardless.
- There are now new post options, with one, the “question” feature, appearing – which I don’t recall being there before.
During the upgrade process, you’ll be pleased to know that it doesn’t look like any members of the group were lost. If you were dropped during the import, be sure to join again – and we’re sorry for any inconvenience we, or Facebook, might have caused you!
If there are any other mentionable differences from the old layout that you’ve picked up on, then make sure to leave a comment about it. If you just want to sound off about how the process was all so pointless, and how you don’t like the new layout (or do like it) then you can talk about that too!
* surnames aren’t actually redacted within the group itself. I just did it for the purpose of publishing on this blog. You can rest assured that your participation within the group is closed to the public. People have to join the group to see what’s posted on the wall and so on – so only other members will know what you’re up to.