Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Theory: ASMR Helps with Headaches and Migraines

I remember once, last year during one of our team meetings, I mentioned that I had a headache. Domagoj suggested, rather tongue in cheek I suppose, that I should use ASMR to get rid of it.

But I think it might well work.

The other night I had a hell of a headache. And it turned out it wasn’t really a headache. It was a migraine, right over my right eye – and these are much worse. I took a couple of Panados (which is kind of like a Painkiller or Aspirin – I’m not sure if they’re sold elsewhere on planet Earth), but I still had it quite badly.

I took to switching the lights off, because of the photosensitivity that usually accompanies a migraine (for me anyway), and at one point I actually went and sat in the bathroom, because I felt quite nauseous, and I was prepared for the worst.

Then after that I lay on my bed in the dark for a while, but it didn’t get much better. So after returning to my study and sitting at my workstation, I knew that I needed to attack this thing actively. So I went in to my private collection of tingle triggers, resorting to my hypnosis samples. As I sat there for a while, closing my eyes, I can honestly say that I started to feel better. The tingles, as expected, were more intense, almost as though my brain sensed that I needed an increase in chemical release in the body.

It could well have been the Panados that had kicked in and finally started to work, but in any case, if ever I get one of those terrible migraines again, I know exactly what to do! Even if it doesn’t get rid of the migraine, it did help me to just sit there and relax, as opposed to fidgeting; moving around, due to the intense pain I was feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I use this as a form of pain relief all the time. It helps with headaches, discomfort associated with fever, and almost anything else. I have a collection of videos that I know are triggers for me. What's odd is that sometimes I am far more susceptible to the feeling than others, but I also use it all the time just to relax or to help me sleep. I've been searching the internet for a while for others who experience this, but I never knew what to search for. I'm so glad I finally found other people that experience this as well.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve found this post helpful or humorous, why not bookmark it right now? You can do this by using the ‘share it’ buttons, as well as the new blogger share buttons at the bottom of the post. Please feel free to share this article with others, but do not plagiarise. All posts on this blog including this one, are copyrighted.

You may also leave a comment as well.

Bookmarking and commenting only takes a little time, and you can also consider subscribing to my RSS feed for more!

I apologise if you are having trouble leaving a comment. Sometimes the comment system doesn't accept comments. I'm looking in to this right now, and hopefully can find a fix soon. There are several potentional reasons why this may be happening to some people, and one of them points in the direction of a recent Blogger update.

This is the main reason why I am unable to respond to comments left on the blog for the time being, but rest assured that I do read and approve comments that make it through. If you really need to get a hold of me, then visit my contact page in the sidebar to the right. Thanks.

Custom Search

Site Updates

These are just mini-updates that I was too lazy or busy to make a post for. They also list changes or additions that have been made to the blog, for interest's sake and to follow how the blog is developing.

- Enabled mobile layout for blog.

- Updated hotspots page.

- Work in progress on new page.

Full list here.
There was an error in this gadget

Popular Posts

Labels

ASMR (179) ASMR Group (50) facebook (47) tingling (41) sound (38) video (27) audio (25) YouTube (21) ASMR Research and Support (20) The Unnamed Feeling (19) poll (19) sensation (19) experience (18) feeling (18) AIE (17) Tingle Triggers (15) ecstacy (14) ASMR Network (13) TV (12) tingles (12) ASMR team (11) music (11) radio (10) community (9) trigger (9) UNF (8) theory (8) ASMR forum (7) Type B (7) community update (7) theories (7) Type A (6) video games (6) App (5) asmer (5) Society of Sensationalists (4) Wikipedia (4) narcolepsy (4) trial (4) ASMR Radio (3) International ASMR Day (3) Outreach Agent (3) Twitter (3) hypnosis (3) movies (3) polls (3) research (3) steadyhealth (3) ASMR Island (2) Andrew Johnson (2) HubPages (2) Hug Your Brain Day (2) Insomnia (2) Kickstarter (2) Reddit (2) cartoons (2) chills (2) contest (2) dopamine (2) experiments (2) hair growth (2) hair loss (2) iPhone (2) medical (2) mobile (2) pain (2) scientific (2) senses (2) side effects (2) social networking (2) spiritual (2) trigger videos (2) tumblr (2) AIHO (1) AIOEU (1) ASMR TV (1) Amygdala Clicking (1) Indigo Children (1) Librivox (1) MP3s (1) Meetup.com (1) Skype (1) The ASMR Project (1) blog (1) digital media (1) eBook (1) emotions (1) empathy (1) external (1) funding (1) gibberish (1) goosebumps (1) haircut (1) haptics (1) head (1) incidental trigger (1) informercials (1) intentional triggers (1) internal (1) interview (1) itches (1) milestone (1) news (1) paranormal (1) phenomenon (1) playlist (1) podcast (1) religion (1) roleplay (1) scalp (1) sign language (1) sixth sense (1) speech (1) stress (1) stroking (1) survey (1) synaesthesia (1) tongues (1) vessel (1)